Monday, December 29, 2014

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015



Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope this holiday season has begun with many blessings and fond memories for all of you.

It looks like 2014 is just about over, and I have to say that I'm going to miss it. I feel like I've matured a bit, but there were still plenty of times when I was able to relax and be a kid. Since I will be turning twenty-one in 2015, there is a part of me that feels as if I'll never have another year quite like the one I'm leaving behind. Hence, this New Year is rather bittersweet.

But that doesn't mean there isn't plenty to look forward to. Next week I'll be starting school as a full-time student working towards an Associate degree in English Literature, which I hope to apply to my writing. I'll also be working hard to finish the third book in The Last Abecedarian Series, and I've got lots of big ideas for this particular novel. Then, of course, growing up doesn't mean I can't still have my own adventures with friends and family. Hopefully there will be lots of interesting stuff to read on this blog in the months ahead.
Just for fun, I decided to post my list of New Year Resolutions. I'm already doing some of these things, but I want to improve how I do them this year.

1. Learn to manage my time wisely
2. Set aside time for writing every day
3. Make a concerted effort to study for memory, not just for tests
4. Spend more bonding time with my siblings
5. Grow a garden and actually harvest/can the produce
6. Learn to cook with and enjoy eating said produce
7. Re-learn to draw
8. Read more spiritual books and attend Mass/confession more often
9. Update this blog frequently (and with interesting posts+pictures)
10. Do something I've never done before

There are many more things I'd like to add to the list, but I think this is enough for now. I'll probably have my hands full just trying to accomplish what little there is here.

What about you? Anything special on your New Year Resolutions list?

Have a good holiday and enjoy the rest of your Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment